Manager: Direct Report to Technical Operations Manager
To provide pre-sales and post-sales engineering to design turnkey AV systems. Uses CAD software to prepare routine layouts, detail drawings, sketches and diagrams. Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for installation. Maintains drawing and information regarding any changes to database. Has a solid understanding of CAD techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create CAD drawings specifically for AV technology to customer job specifications.
- Assists with programming and troubleshooting as needed directed by Service Manager/Site Engineer.
- Make final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Review markups of drawings to create system as-builts.
- Create and revise production drawings (detail and assembly drawings).
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Sketches rough layout of components and compute angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Utilizes knowledge of various engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of machine and products.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Updates Drafting and Engineering Standards with Engineering Team.
- Sets up and maintains an organized file system for production drawings.
- Assist Sales team with BOM creation, specifying labor & miscellaneous costs.
- Project design review for accuracy and releasing equipment for purchasing.
- Occasional Bid and/or RFP review for upcoming projects and can include onsite meetings to review spaces, taking measurements, meeting with clients to perform needs analysis.
- Provide direction to Project Managers, Technicians, and Site Engineers regarding technical challenges, programming coordination items, and essential system functionality as needed.
- System Design with a solid understanding of audiovisual principles and practices
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (minimum 3 years)
- AVIXA CTS
- Experience with Crestron, Extron, AMX, Biamp, QSC, Collaboration Tools, video conferencing,
- AVIXA CTS-D
- Industry Certifications: Dante, Crestron DM, Extron XTP, Biamp Tesira, Q-SYS, CompTIA
Benefits: 401K with match, 50% employer paid medical & dental, 100% employer paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term disability insurance. Vacation, sick, & personal days off.